- 2 cups of Sushi Rice
- 2-3 Nori sheets
- 200gr Unagi (Sushi-grade freshwater eel)
- Cut the cucumber and eel into long strips, just enough to spread throughout the entire roll.
- Place half a nori sheet onto the white mat
- Cover the nori with an even layer of sushi rice, using the rice paddle
- Line up slices of cucumber and eel on the rice. Make sure you line it up on the end closest to you.
- Roll your sushi with the white mat
- Place the cutting guide over your roll to cut in even pieces
For an Uramaki or inside-out roll style, simply flip over the nori-rice base so you’ll be lining up the fillings on the nori instead of the rice. If you need more help figuring out how to do this inside-out style, check out our guide on making Uramaki (inside-out roll).