- 2 cups Sushi Rice
- 1 Nori Sheet
- 4 Fresh Quail Eggs
- 120g Tobiko (Flying Fish Roe)
- Before anything else, separate the whites from the yolks of your quail eggs.
- Cut the nori into long, 5cm thick strips. The strips will act as a covering for your sushi
- Take a half a handful of rice, roll and shape it into a cylinder that's approximately 4cm in height and 6cm in diameter. Make sure that it's tight enough so your base doesn't fall apart and is sturdy enough to hold some weight
- Wrap a strip of nori around the rice cylinder. There should roughly be 1cm left of space in the base. Fill half of that space with a spoonful of Tobiko, and the other half with a fresh egg yolk, or create a nest of Tobiko on the top and place the yolk in the middle.
If you want to make this using a different fish roe, go right ahead. But first, you need to learn All About Fish Roe.