While most sushi rolls have some kind of meat in them, the Green Roll is a delicious vegetarian alternative. If you're not feeling up to having meat on your sushi then this recipe is definitely for you. The colors in the roll make it easy on the eyes and the flavors even easier on the taste buds. This fun sushi roll also makes for a fun and sneaky way to get your kids to eat their vegetables.
Write a review
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2-3 nori sheets
- Place half a sheet of nori on the white mat
- Spread out your sushi rice with the rice paddle onto the nori until it's completely covered. The rice should be about 1cm high.
- Turn over your base so the nori is on top
- Put one strip of cucumber, and one strip of carrot on top of your nori. Make sure that your strips are at least as long as your roll.
- Roll it with the white mat.
- With a vegetable peeler, peel away a few wide layers of avocado
- Assemble the avocado on top of the roll until it's completely covered
- Using the white mat, gently tighten the roll to secure the avocado
- Take off the mat, and place the cutting guide over your roll to slice evenly
- Use the outermost layer of your avocado to get the greenest flesh on your roll
- This is best served with soy sauce and (if you like it hot) wasabi.
How to Make Sushi http://sushiquik.com/