Gefilte Fish is a regular in Shabbat and holiday menus in Ashkenazic (Eastern European Jews) households. This Gefilte Sushi recipe is great If you're looking for a unique twist to your traditional Kosher menu.
Write a review
- 1 Matzah
- 1 Egg
- 2 Gefilte Fish balls
- 1 Carrot
- Maror (bitter herbs)
- Cut the carrot into long, 1cm thick strips. Boil in a small pot until soft.
- Cut the Gefilte Fish balls into 1cm thick slices. Set them aside to rest.
- Soak the Matzah in warm water for about 2 minutes. Place the soaked Matza on a large frying pan and add the egg to make a Matzah brei or Matzah-omelet.
- Fry the Matzah brei. When it is done, place it on the white rolling mat
- Lay two even rows of Gefilte slices on the Matza
- Line up a row of boiled carrot slices on top of the Gefilte
- Roll with the white mat
- Place the cutting guide on top of your roll to evenly cut into 8 pieces
- (optional) Maror to garnish
- Best served with horseradish.
How to Make Sushi http://sushiquik.com/