California Roll Sushi
The California Roll Sushi is one of the easiest and most basic Uramakis or inside-out rolls you can make at home. It’s a great alternative to the Nigiri or other rolls if you’re not in the mood for raw fish. The star of the California Roll is the tasty imitation crab sticks in the center. Since the crab sticks are actually made of cooked Surimi fish meat, it’s the perfect introduction roll for sushi newbies and the perfect roll (with meat) for pregnant women to enjoy.
Write a review
- ¾ cup Sushi Rice
- ½ Nori Sheet
- 80 grams Imitation Crab Meat
- 1/4 Avocado
- Spoonful of Black Sesame Seeds
- Spoonful of Tobiko (Flying Fish Roe)
- Place the nori onto the white mat
- With the rice paddle, spread the rice evenly onto the nori until it’s completely covered
- Sprinkle a spoonful of Tobiko and sesame seeds over the rice.
- Flip the base so the nori is facing you
- Lay the crab sticks along the nori. Make sure that there’s an even amount of crab sticks throughout the roll
- Cut a quarter of an avocado and create two thick slices. Lay the avocado slices alongside the crab sticks
- Roll your sushi with the white mat, starting from the end closest to you.
- Put your roll on a cutting board and then place the Sushiquik cutting guide over it to create equal pieces.
- Best served with soy sauce, wasabi, and pickled ginger (gari).
How to Make Sushi http://sushiquik.com/